Friday, November 7, 2008

most irritating phrases

The good folks over at Oxford University have decided that these are the top ten most irritating phrases:

1 - At the end of the day
2 - Fairly unique
3 - I personally
4 - At this moment in time
5 - With all due respect
6 - Absolutely
7 - It's a nightmare
8 - Shouldn't of
9 - 24/7
10 - It's not rocket science

okay, some of these aren't exactly phrases, but I understand what they are getting at. But you know, I personally feel that, at the end of the day, these phrases are okay. At this moment in time, with all due respect to Oxford University, people shouldn't worry about how they speak. After all, it's not rocket science, but policing your words for a fairly unique way of talking 24/7, absolutely worrying about saying something you shouldn't of, is a horrible way to live. I've tried it and it's a nightmare.

Anywho, they are wrong. There are much more annoying "phrases" then that, if you know what I mean. Whatever. meh.

7 comments:

Ixtlilton said...

Thanks go out to Richard for pointing dearly beloved to the list of most irritating phrases. She then pointed me to it, so thanks to her also. As far as the list goes, it is what it is (thanks sis-in-law for that one).

In my humble opinion, we can all learn a lot here.
ttyl.

carole* said...

LOL to the nth!

jan said...

ROTFL!!!
but, ya know, it's all good.
xox

jan said...

oops, shouldn't of copied herself's idea (above) without due credit. my bad!

Deb said...

Really enjoyed reading this. I think I say them all...should I not lol....?

Anonymous said...

I see that Carole already LOL, but I'm not intinidated. I LOLed. Yes, actually! And it has nothing to do with the avocacos.

Morgue said...

How can the top 10 not include, "For all intensive (sic) purposes?"